Brad Davies, the principal at my school, knew of Danny's plan to propose so he snuck in and took pictures ...initially, I had no idea that he was there, but it is so fun to have pictures now of that perfect moment!
12 Day Courtship: The ROMANTIC and SHOCKING Proposal
On November 13, 2008 I was wrapping up a lesson with my second grade class just before lunch at Orem Elementary. I was writing on the board when I heard the voice of one of my students, “Miss Cook!” As I turned around Danny was walking towards me with a vase full of red roses. I thought to myself, “Oh my goodness! -how sweet of him to find out where I work and bring me flowers!” (You see, our first date was only 12 days prior). However, Danny’s plan included much more: as he got close to me Danny dropped to one knee …and my whole body began to shake. As he popped the question all of my students began to chant, “Say Yes! Say Yes!” as they pounded their hands on their desks. None of my students had ever seen Danny previous to this day but all recognized the “fairytale picture” of him on his knee with a diamond ring box opened towards me. I answered “Yes!” immediately, but the chanting was so loud that it was impossible for the students to hear my response. As their voices became louder and ever-so-strong (trust me!), I turned to them and exclaimed, “I said ‘YES!’” You can imagine the outrageous outpour of cheering from the class of 2nd graders, and needless to say the rest of the day was less productive. The students served the dessert at our wedding reception the evening of December 23, 2008 and will always be a special part of our engagement and wedding. J


 |
| ...and breathless the rest of the day... |
-our engagement story was published on-line in the Daily Herald in the article "Just Say 'Yes'" for Valentine's Day on Saturday February 13, 2010 -it's towards the very bottom of the article:
http://www.heraldextra.com/lifestyles/article_22ed9740-1833-11df-9732-001cc4c03286.html
No comments:
Post a Comment